A new spin on a campfire classic – and a sweet ending to any outdoor feast. This pie is easy to make and is equally delicious hot or cold. Don't forget to broil your pie at the end to give your marshmallows that authentic "burned" look.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place graham crackers in a gallon-sized zip-top bag (squeeze out all air before closing in the bag). Using a rolling pin, crush crackers into crumbs.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter, and spread mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake pie crust for 8 – 10 minutes. While crust is cooling, begin making the S'mores filling.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a saucepan, heat half & half over low heat until it simmers. Pour the heated half & half over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes, then slowly stir with a whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- Add a pinch of salt to the beaten egg, then slowly mix the egg into the chocolate/half & half mixture, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour the filling mixture into the cooled pie crust and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the pie cool for 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil. Layer marshmallows over the top of the pie, then place the pie in the broiler until the marshmallows are puffy and brown. Remove the pie from the oven.
- Serve pie at room temperature or allow the pie to cool in the refrigerator first – either way is delicious!