- Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pour prepared brownie mix in a cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup brown sugar over the top.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water
over the top, but do not mix it.
- Cover it in marshmallows let it cook about 45 minutes. Serve with ice-cream!
Submitted by Facebook Fan Diana Jester
Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- 1 firm peach, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt
- 2 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the
grate. Brush peach halves with canola oil.
- Place peach halves on the preheated grill. Grill until tender and peach is warmed through, about 10
minutes. Place the hot peach on a plate skin-side down. Sprinkle with brown sugar, allowing the
sugar to melt. Alternatively, use a small torch to caramelize the sugar. Serve each peach half with
2 scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt and gingersnap cookie
crumbles sprinkled on top.
Red, White and Blue Poolsicles
You will need:
- Popsicle mold
- 6 popsicle sticks (if not included)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¾ cup of yogurt
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups blue sports drink
- To make a simple syrup, combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium >heat.
Bring to a boil, mixing to dissolve the sugar. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for two minutes.
- Rinse your strawberries, and cut them in half.
- Combine the strawberries and simple syrup and let macerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Puree the strawberry mixture in the blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove
any seeds or lumps.
- Fill 1/3 of each mold with your strawberry mixture. Put the red layer in the freezer for at least 45
minutes to set up before adding the white layer.
- To prepare the white layer, use yogurt and mix in any fruit juices - we used pineapple juice.
- Once the red layer has been in the freezer for 45 minutes, fill 1/3 of the mold with the white
yogurt layer. Put the popsicles in the freezer for another 45 minutes to set up.
- Once the red and white layers set up, fill the remaining 1/3 of the molds with a blue sports drink.
- Insert popsicle sticks (if needed) and place in the freezer for about 3 hours, or until frozen.
- Remove mold from the freezer for defrosting. To speed up the process, run the mold under warm water to loosen the popsicles from the mold.
Feel free to be creative! Use fruit, juices, candy, pudding, etc. You’re only limited by your
Fruit & Yogurt Poolsicles
You will need:
- Popsicle mold
- 5 popsicle sticks (if not included)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- A splash of vanilla extract
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- Rinse your blueberries and raspberries.
- Cut your raspberries in half.
- Mix your honey, yogurt, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Fold in blueberries and raspberries to the
- Fill each mold with your yogurt mixture, about 3/4ths to the top. If using Greek yogurt, thin out
the yogurt with milk to make it easier to pour.
- Sprinkle your chopped almonds on top of each mold, and add your popsicle stick to the center of each
- Place in the freezer for about 3 hours, or until frozen.
- Remove mold from the freezer for defrosting. To speed up the process, run the mold under warm water
to loosen the popsicles from the mold. ENJOY!
Feel free to be creative! Use fruit, juices, candy, pudding, etc. You’re
only limited by your imagination!