Click Here for Full Infographic
Twice a week:
- Use test strips or a test kit to check and maintain your pool water balance. Keep your pH levels between 7.4 - 7.6.
- Test and maintain the free available chlorine level at 1.0 - 3.0 ppm.
- Empty the skimmer basket and skim leaves, insects and other floating debris from the pool surface.
Once a week:
- Brush walls and use a pool vacuum to clean floors. Clean tile at water line with tile cleaner. Or consider the purchase of an automatic pool cleaner for daily “hands-free” cleaning of your pool.
- Shock the pool by adding the amount of product recommended by your pool professional. Additional shock may be needed after a rain storm, heavy bather load, or exceptionally hot weather.
- Add a maintenance dose of an algae preventer to prevent algae growth. Clarifiers and metal control products should be used on a regular basis. The addition of these products will cause your pool to run more efficiently.
- Take a water sample to your professional Water Testing Service for a complete Swimming Pool Chemicals analysis.
- Twice a year, clean your filter with a filter cleaner to remove any oils and grease that may have accumulated on your filter.
- After rainy or windy days always test your pool water.