Backyard Grilled Pizza
After a long day of swimming and hanging out poolside, your guest will have built up an appetite. And nothing is better after a day in the sun than mouthwatering pizzas cooking on the grill. But don't worry, you won't have to work hard to give your guests this memorable meal. In fact, you can turn your grill into a poolside pizzeria in a snap by following this recipe!
- Start by sprinkling the chicken with pepper and placing it on an oiled grill rack over medium heat.
- Cook it 5 to 7 minutes per side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Baste it frequently with ½ cup of barbecue sauce during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- After it's slightly cooled, cut the chicken into cubes.
- Next, divide the refrigerated pizza dough in half and press each portion of the dough into a 10 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Place them on a well-greased large sheet of heavy-duty foil and brush them lightly with oil.
- Invert the dough onto the grill rack then peel off the foil.
- Grill the dough like this over medium heat until the bottom is lightly browned or 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the grill and spread the sides with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Then top the pizza with cheese, chicken, and onion. Grill it again, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Spread fresh cilantro on the pizza before serving it hot to your guests.