Display bite-sized desserts related to your tailgating theme. Decorate brownies or crispy rice treats to look like footballs or frost a cake in the colors of your team. Hand out homemade popsicles and ice cream cones for a quick way to cool down during a toasty tailgate. And when the weather becomes crisp, think of spiced desserts like adorable apple hand pies.
- Peel and dice the apples. Toss apples with lemon juice and sugar.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add apples and spices and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until it begins to simmer. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Roll out the dough and cut into circles with a 3 inch cookie cutter or jar lid. Refrigerate cut circles until filling is cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange half the dough circles, spaced apart, on baking sheets. Cut slits in the other circles (to vent). Scoop a few tablespoons of filling into the center of each dough circle. Place slit circle on top and crimp the edges.
- Combine egg and milk with a fork. Brush pies with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake pies for 30 minutes or until golden brown.