Perfect Poolside Party Sugar Cookies
Whether your guest are adults or kids, these swimming pool-inspired sugar cookies will have everyone talking – and eat! The cookie toppers feature teddy bears relaxing on the inflatable tube and fish swimming in the pool – can you imagine a better cookie desert for a pool party? And here's the great thing about these delicious pool party cookies – they're easier to make than they look!
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until it's light and fluffy, adding the extracts and eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk in the flower, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg. Now, beat this mixture into the creamed butter and sugar.
- On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, drop the dough by rounded tablespoons keeping them 3 inches apart. Then, dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and use it to flatten the dough.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or the edges begin to brown. Cool them completely before decorating.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, extract, confectioner's sugar, and just enough water to reach the desired consistency.
- Add blue food coloring until the frosting reaches the perfect pool blue. Then, use the decorations to create your pool-inspired scenes on top of the cookies!
*Optional decorations: Bear-shaped crackers, fish-shaped graham crackers, airhead candies, gummy sour rings, white sugar pearls, and palm tree party picks.