Tasty Tropical Barbeque Chicken Wings
If you're thinking "tropical" for your pool party theme, you'll want the scent of tropics in the air. And nothing speaks tropics more than quartered chicken smothered in ginger, soy sauce, onion, and a little sugar thrown in. If you want to transport your guests to a breezy, tropical island, the smell of the tender juices of the tropical marinade simmering on delish chicken pieces will be enough to cause your guests to dive in and forget where they are!
- Combine all ingredients (except the chicken) in a small bowl.
- Separate a third of the mix to use for basting, and cover and refrigerate the remaining mix.
- Pour the basting mix into a large resealable plastic bag, then add the chicken to the bag.
- Turn the bag so that all the chicken pieces are coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 8 hours or even overnight.
- After the chicken is marinated, prepare the grill for indirect heat – and be sure to use a drip pan. Position the chicken over the rip pan and cover it.
- Then grill it over medium heat 45 to 60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170 to 175 degrees.
- Be sure to turn and baste the chicken frequently with the reserved marinade during the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve hot to your hungry guests!